Re: Free Select Mode in latest Cygwin

On 3/28/2013 1:40 PM, Bixler, Mark wrote:
Thanks, Larry...I will try to be more descriptive.

In previous versions (that I have used) of cygwin installed on a windows
box, the terminal is based on a cmd window.

With this being said, you could choose from the Cygwin shell -> right
click header -> Properties -> Options Tab (upper left corner) -> enable
"QuickEdit Mode" -> press Ok ->

I no longer see this being an option with latest version of Cygwin
running  in Windows 7 64bit.

Just wondering if anyone has advice on being able to use this QuickEdit
mode with CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 / 1.7.17(0.262/5/3)

The default terminal for Cygwin is now 'mintty'.  It mimics the default
behavior of Linux more closely.  If you wish to see the defaults and
modify them, click on the system menu for 'mintty' just as you would for
a command prompt console window.  From the menu pick "Options...".  You're
likely interested in the settings under "Mouse".

HTH,
--
Larry