[closed] Intel FORTRAN time_and_date function returns UTC instead of local time

Today, the problems with the date_and_time function were gone. I have no clue what solved the issue. I did not install upgrades from Cygwin. I did not recompile the program.

What I did differently, is that I have used the Cygwin Bash shell, the Cygwin terminal and the Cygwin-X W-win server, and played around with the options of the Cygwin Terminal. There is configuration page for Text containing a font field, a field for font options, and a field for the locale and character set. I have played a bit with the locale. Afterwards, I noticed that my program now issues the correct time, even when the option is restored to the (Default) setting it was in originally. I assume that this playing around corrected the glitch, but the details escape me.

Still, a month ago, I also played around with setting the locale on the command line in the Cygwin Bash login, and that did not resolve the issue; so "playing around with the locale" is not the entire story.

I am a bit unsatisfied that I do not know what clicked right under the hood of Cygwin, but pragmatical enough to enjoy that the issue is gone.

Thanks for the effort!