Re: Mintty.exe not found

On 3/13/2013 6:17 PM, James F Ross wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have been using cygwin successfully for months, but today it
suddenly crashed and would not open.  I tried rebooting my computer,
but all I get is the error "Windows is searching for mintty.exe.  To
locate the file yourself, click Browse."  I know mintty.exe is the
main shell executable.  It opened fine this morning before it
mysteriously crashed.  I tried reinstalling cygwin (I did not
uninstall first, but merely ran setup.exe with the same packages that
I used last time I installed it).

Has anyone had this issue before?  I've done a fair amount of
searching for this but I haven't had much luck.
Thanks
James Ross

hardware failure ? Have you checked the consistency of the filesystem ?