Re: Shouldn't gcc-4 depend on libmpfr4 ?

Yaakov <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> But does it affect the operation of gcc in any way?

Yes, gcc stops working: AFAICS it simply never starts and returns with 127.

> What do you mean "can't be linked"?

When I try to do an ldd on gcc the output stops at the last library before
cyggmp-?.dll (I don't know if -3 or -10 would come first).  So at the moment
I've just updated libmpc, which makes it libmpc3 (which no package links
against) and I could probably link cygmpc-1.dll to cygmpc-3.dll to remove the
double dependency of gcc to libmpfr1 and libmpfr4 as long as I keep libmpfr4
linked against the old libgmp3.

Again, the sticky thing here is libmpfr4, which doesn't change version, but
would link to different support library versions depending on whether gmp was
updated or not.

Regards,
Achim.