Re: Unix domain accept() and getperrname() doesn't return the client address.

On Mar  4 12:19, Tanaka Akira wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I found that accept() and getperrname() on a Unix domain socket doesn't
> return the client socket address.
> The sun_path field of the returned address is empty.
>
> Is it an intentional behavior?

It's not exactly intentional, but known.  The socket's peername is not
transmitted during the local socket credential exchange.  So far the
server assumes an unbound socket on the client side because, well, I
guess the reason is "nobody asked for it yet".  This could probably
be implemented with not too much effort, if necessary.

Corinna

Red Hat