Re: $USER is not resolved in paths sometimes

Sorry, I copied all examples with the -w option which is wrong for converting into a unix like pathname.

To convert to a unix pathname use the option  -u
       to convert to a windows pathname use   -w

Run:   cygpath --help

for more detals.  and to get the output in the sell use $(...) or the ticks `....`
with the command and all arguments inside.