Re: Installer Progress Reporting

Okay, one update, then I'm getting on with my life. Somewhere around 300% the sign changed, the gui progress bar cleared (no doubt related to the -300%), the magnitude peaked around 360 and is now working its way back down. Fortunately, the packages seem to be getting installed in alphabetical order, rather than the order in which they are presented in the package selection tree, so I can monitor progress alphabetically.

Quoting daryl@daryllee.com:

I'm installing Cygwin on about my 10th machine and I just noticed something I've never noticed before. Besides the graphical progress bars there is a percentage in the title bar. In my case, it is now up to 184%. I kinda expected it to run u to 100% and then the installation would be done. What should I expect the maximum to be, so I'll be able to plan the rest of my weekend? FWIW, I selected a full install, since I'm using it for teaching purposes, and I never know what questions I'll be asked.