Re: g++ build error, collect2, forked process died unexpectedly

TOFU...

On 22/02/2013 3:26 PM, KG wrote:
>From what I can determine, Defender is a built-in part of Windows and
cannot be un-installed.  It doesn't appear in the 'Programs and
Features' list of programs to un-install.  I'm able to use my Start
menu to search for and find Defender but when I try to open it I get a
message saying Defender is turned off.
You're right... you'll have to forgive my ailing memory, it's been a long time since WD last afflicted my machine ;)

When I open WD on my machine, it says: "A problem has caused this program's service to stop."

This might, possibly maybe, be related to me disabling the Windows Defender service from the "Services" panel after it refused to turn itself off when asked politely.

Just be careful, once or twice Windows has re-enabled the service without asking first, and fork errors come back with a vengeance.

Ryan