Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs*-24.2.93-2 (TEST)

On 2/21/2013 4:34 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
It's more complicated than that.  But the problem has already been
debugged and fixed in the emacs development trunk:

Unfortunately, the fix won't make it into emacs-24.3.
Let's wait for 24.4 then...

My reading of the documentation is that this is to be expected:

$ man emacsclient
[...]
-n, --no-wait
         returns immediately without waiting for you to "finish"
         the buffer in Emacs.

Is the behavior you described specific to Cygwin?
Doh... well, "-a ''" was what I had wanted to put there, really.  Done, and
switched over to emacsclient-w32.  However, emacsclient-w32 then starts an
emacs-X11 in daemon mode, shouldn't it be starting an emacs-w32?

Regards, Achim.

Let me talk about my emacs for more information.

I use only the w32 interface for frame display and I haven't install emacs-x11. After a daemon is started, "emacsclient -c" invokes a w32 frame, while "emacsclient [-n]" gets a terminal session. I feel great about this.

Your problem may be caused by the priority of "x11" and "w32".