Re: Some Problems about Emacs-w32

On 2/13/2013 2:49 AM, Arthur Tu wrote:
On 2/13/2013 5:04 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2/12/2013 3:33 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
On 2/12/2013 12:31 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2/12/2013 12:30 PM, Arthur Tu wrote:
1. Emacs-w32 depends on several libraries, such as libXpm-noX_4.
However, these dependencies haven't been solved by setup.exe.

libXpm-noX_4 is listed in setup.ini as a dependency of emacs-w32. I don't know why setup.exe didn't offer to install it for you.

2. After "emacs-w32 --daemon" starts a daemon, what "emacsclient -c"
invokes was in fact an terminal session.

Confirmed. Daniel, is this to be expected?

Not with the cygw32 emacsclient binary.

Whoops!

OK, I guess I'll have to ship a separate version of emacsclient with
the emacs-w32 package.  I'll make a new release that does this.

This has now been done.

Frame created by emacs-w32 doesn't have an icon, which should be shown
on taskbar.
Should this also be considered a problem?

It's a known problem and has been fixed in the emacs development trunk. The fix won't be in the upstream release of emacs-24.3, but I'll look into backporting it for the Cygwin distribution once I'm confident that emacs-w32 is working well.

Ken