Re: BUG: FIFO (named pipe) is broken on Cygwin

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Zach Saw <zach.saw@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to POSIX, FIFO allows multiple readers / writers. However, it
> appears
> that Cygwin's implementation only allows for multiple readers and single
> writer.

That's a known issue -- ostensibly, one not aggressively being worked
on by anyone.  I've tinkered with the code and discovered,
unsurprisingly, that it's nontrivial to fix.  It's somewhere on my
todo list and presumably others', so if you can hang tight for a year
or three, it may well get resolved.  Otherwise, I'm afraid it's
probably one of those tough-cookies-send-patches type situations.

-gmt