Re: How to rsh in windows using cygwin

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 01/16/2013 07:24 AM, Tim Prince wrote:
I still remember the occasion 15 years ago when I entered "rsh tim" and found myself logged in as the head of corporate IT with root privilege.
Did you do "rm -rf /"?

I remember going to Frys and seeing a mac with a bash shell window logged in as root. Guess what I did...

Never leave a root bash shell open to the public...
---
At least not when there are criminals around.
Deliberate destruction of property is a crime in all states.

I HATE when I goto a computer in windows and it's locked down so you
can't do anything.

I want to be able to look under the hood -- which normal users are
not permitted to do.  So thanks for screwing over the rest of us who
wouldn't do something so stupid.