Re: Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

Again, if I hit CTRL-C while running ./test.bat in mintty then test.bat
exits immediately, as expected.  Hitting ctrl-c repeatedly after that
point gives me a new bash prompt.

Yes, that is what is expected to happen. What I am reporting is that interrupting test.bat sometimes leaves hung processes still running after control is returned to the shell.

Non-exiting behavior was a symptom of a previous snapshot which was
mentioned here:

I'm testing a newer snapshot than that one. I'm been testing with 20130114 which Thomas reported as no longer having that problem here:

I rather doubt that the use of a .bat file is necessary to reproduce
this hang, but I haven't tried producing a test case that doesn't use a
.bat file.  This is a test case I was using when debugging the
intermittent incorrect exit code issue.

Btw, an incorrect exit code is still a possibility if you're running from a cmd shell since it is possible to interrupt a cygwin process before cygwin is entirely set up. That will cause a normal windows CTRL-C exit.

Yup, that is understood and expected.

Tom.