RE: disk format question

Warren Young wrote:
> If this were Linux, I'd suggest basing your script's logic on device or
> filesystem UUIDs, but I don't know how to do that under Cygwin.

Under Cygwin, you can refer to a device by UUID by looking under the path
/proc/sys/GLOBAL??/ (those are literal question marks; you'll probably need to
escape them in bash).

There's a little more discussion about this directory from Corinna at
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2012-10/msg00001.html>.  I've looked
through the UG, and quickly searched Google, and can't find anything more in
depth, though.

--
Adam Dinwoodie

Messages posted to this list are made in a personal capacity.