mintty deadlocks when pasting very long lines of text

Hi all,

I just tried to paste a rather large snippet of text into mintty (320kB) that turns out to contain no newlines. The mintty window is completely locked now, and the Windows clipboard is unusable.

The command was simple:

$ cat > foo.txt

Inserting a few thousand line endings at regular intervals allows the operation to complete in about a second. I suspect bash caused the problem (attempting to buffer up a whole line befor sending it on?), but I don't think it should be able to bring down the terminal like that.

Thoughts?
Ryan