Openssl program not compiling

Hello,

 ÂI am trying to understand why a program that used to compile before, now it does not. I can make the program compile if I switch the order of the #include directives.

Here is a minimal example:

file: success.c

#include <stdio.h>
#include <openssl/bio.h>
#include <windows.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
return 0;
}

The previous program builds with the command

> gcc success.c

However, switching the order of the second and third #include directives, produces the following
program

file: fail.c

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <openssl/bio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
return 0;
}

In this case, the program is compiled using the command

> gcc fail.c

and it fails with the following error:

In file included from /usr/include/openssl/crypto.h:131:0,
 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â from /usr/include/openssl/bio.h:69,
 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â from a.c:3:
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:153:29: error: expected â)â before numeric constant
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:199:33: error: expected â)â before numeric constant

This used to work in the past, there was no need to switch the order, but it fails now. Why?

Thank you for your help.

--
Eduardo