Re: emacs hangs when a sub-process goes defunct

On 12/12/2012 4:31 AM, Jonas J Linde wrote:
And Ken Brown spoke unto the world. And said:
On 12/6/2012 10:04 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
If that doesn't solve the problem, please try the recently released
(test version) emacs-24.2.90-1.  And be sue to read the release
announcement, because there have been some changes:

That seems to be working - I've been running emacs-X11-24.2.90-1 for more than 24 hours now without a glitch.

Glad to hear it.

And here's one other thing you can try.  Install the emacs-debuginfo
package.  Then when emacs hangs, you can attach gdb and see if you
can get a backtrace that might show where emacs is stuck.

I'm hoping that 24.2.90 is the way to go. Is there any point in debugging the old version if the new one doesn't have the same problem?

No. If the problem comes back, we should concentrate on fixing 24.2.90.

Ken