Re: Bug in Cygwin Windows 8 group permissions

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM,
> On 12/6/2012 10:10 PM, Chaz Littlejohn wrote:
>>
>> On 12/6/2012 9:15 PM, Chaz Littlejohn wrote:
>>>

>>> a workaround was already available on first link you provided
>>>
>>>    chgrp -R Users ~/.ssh
>>>

>> I had tried this earlier running the chgrp.exe, but it threw an error
>> saying unknown group 'Users'. I assume this is because when chgrp.exe
>> is located outside of the default cygwin directory, it doesn't know
>> where to find the group file. I also attempted to create a separate
>> file where i'd dump the contents of my private key into, but that file
>> seems to also be afflicted by this permissions problem of having 660
>> with no group set.
>

> have you a /etc/group file ?

I have one in the cygwin install directory. It's not clear where the
/etc/group file should be put if chgrp.exe is being executed via a
shell command and is located outside the cygwin directory (in this
case it's going to be located in an application folder in
%LOCALAPPDATA%).

Chaz