Re: Bug in Cygwin Windows 8 group permissions

> > By my understanding, if you're
> > distributing GPLv3+ software such as cygwin1.dll, these are not rights
> > you can withhold on that software.

> This is true for all GPL versions.  Cygwin's license is GPL with an
> exception to allow any Open Source product to not be infected but that
> is the limit.  You cannot create proprietary software without paying
> Redhat for that privilege; they do offer an alternative license.  See
> http://cygwin.com/licensing.html for details.

Stop me if i'm wrong, but since the program only invokes the plugin by
exec, and the program is not using the dlls or sharing data, it's my
understanding that they're considered separate programs under GPL3 and
the licensing requirements do not apply.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#NFUseGPLPlugins

Chaz