Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)

On 12/3/2012 12:53 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

Yes, that's why you should have a D-Bus session daemon running before
starting emacs.

And that's why I should read the entire release note. Working find now, thanks!

I started emacs, exited, then started it again. the second time I got this same stuff:

(emacs:1672): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status
of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN
and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be
returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either
don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.

** (emacs:1672): WARNING **: Abnormal program termination spawning
command line `dbus-launch
--autolaunch=3f052ecf1e24145e3fdb40554f55370e --binary-syntax
--close-stderr':

Could the dBus daemon have crashed? I do see dbus stuff running in the Windows 7 task manager.

Let's keep this discussion on the list, because I'm sure there will be other people having trouble with the new dbus requirement.

I doubt if the dbus daemon crashed. How did you start emacs the second time? Did you do it by typing `emacs' in an xterm window? If so, you shouldn't have gotten those error messages (assuming you started the D-Bus daemon the way I suggested in the release announcement).

Ken