Re: Creating CD of installation packages: Download incomplete. Try again?

Robert Pendell <shinji+cygwin <at> elite-systems.org> writes:
> If you can find the .tmp files then try deleting them and redownloading from
> another mirror.  It is possible the file is failing the validation check and
> the installer is assuming(?) an incomplete file.  I personally pull from the
> kernel.org mirror and it works fine.

The sites that I use have worked fine for years, so this is something of an
anomaly.

No hits come up with "find <package-directory> -name '*tmp*'".

I managed to kluge a method to compare my installed packages with those
downloaded and recorded in setup.log, thus identifying potentially missing
packages and confirming that they will probably not be a problem.  The listing
of installed packages was gotten using cygcheck while the setup.log contained
all the packages that successfully downloaded.  I removed all the extraneous
information in the 2 files that did not relate to packages, used vim editor
capabilities to make the formatting match between the 2 files, then sorted the
packages by name.  Here are the missing packages:

   Obsolete
   --------
   _autorebase 000164-1
   _update-info-dir 01088-1
   libpng12 1.2.50-2
   libpng14 1.4.12-3
   libpng14-devel 1.4.12-3
   vala-libcanberra-gtk 0.29-1
   w32api 9999-1

   Not obsolete
   ------------
   libpoppler19 0.18.4-2

I determined whether a package was obsolete by using the cygwin's setup.exe,
putting the versionless package name into the Search field, and toggling the
switch for hiding obsolete packages.  I'm not too worried about the 1 missing
non-obsolete package, since setup.exe will prompt you to include packages that
are needed to fulfill dependencies.

However, I was surprised to see the obsolescence of autorebase.  It was just
recently made fully functional.  Perhaps it has been folded into another
package.  I browsed the cygwin website & documentation to find release notes
that might explain this, but no luck.  I also tried googling for release notes,
in vain.

Anyway, I will create a CD of the installation packages and test it on Monday.

Thanks!