RE: Possible race in SYSV IPC (semaphores)

> I agree.  I'll do that in the next couple of days.

Thank you.  Please let me know when you do, so that I can
check the relevant snapshot out.

Incidentally, have you been able to confirm the dead-locking
that I reported earlier (below)?  I just ran the patched cygserver
with the "-d -l 7" arguments, along with my test case, and both
dead-locked just as before.

> The test case attached from my earlier post from today, also shows
> a race (dead-lock, actually) occurring in CYGSERVER, when it is run
> with the "-d -l 7" command line (even when it is only one application,
> the test case is using it).  There is an internal disconcert between
> the cygserver threads.
>
> The log ends with this, and there is no way to stop the server
> (like with "cygrunsrv -E") other than killing it from the task
> manager.

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI