Re: Creating CD of installation packages: Download incomplete. Try again?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Paul wrote:
> Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] writes:
>>   (A) Try splitting it into two operations:
>>     1. "Download Without Installing".
>>     2. "Install from Local Directory".
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-11/msg00329.html
>
> Already doing this, since I am trying to create a CD of install packages.
>
>>   (B) Sometimes the only part that is incomplete is renaming foo.tmp
>> to foo.bz2.  Try renaming any foo.tmp file you find it by hand and
>> see if it will "Install from Local Directory".
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00206.html
>>
>>   (C) If there are still problems, don't do everything at once.  For
>> example, do only one category at a time.  (.../2004-06/msg00206.html
>> again)
>
> I'm trying to replicate the packages in an existing install, so I basically
> select Re-install rather than individually selecting packages.  Manually
> identifying each package is possible, of course, but that will go on a to-do
> list for a longer time.  Trying to find alternatives to that first.
>
>>   (D) FAQ material?
>
> The relevant question seems to be "2.13. What if setup fails?".  The answer is
> the check the setup.log, which I've done.  Nothing there except an error
> provided to the user.
>
> One thing I will do is see if the recorded entries match the order of the
> packages in cygcheck.  If so, and if the error happens at/during the last
> package, then I assume that all is well, and that your suggestion (B) would be
> easy to follow up on.
>
> Thanks, Barry.

If you can find the .tmp files then try deleting them and
redownloading from another mirror.  It is possible the file is failing
the validation check and the installer is assuming(?) an incomplete
file.  I personally pull from the kernel.org mirror and it works fine.

Robert Pendell
A perfect world is one of chaos.