Autocompletion of shell variables

Hello,

I have an irk with Cygwin 1.7.16. The problem is that the autocompletion of shell variables is not functioning if I don't use full windows executable name of standard linux tool.

For example. I have variable SERVER=a.b.c.d. When i try
    ssh $SER<tab>
autocomplete does not work, but with
    ssh.exe $SER<tab>
autocomplete works. Autocompletion of file system paths works in both cases.

I'm certain that it functioned like expected in some of my former cygwin installations. I'm using latest version now.

With Regards,
Jovan Grbic