sshd from user account - env issues

Hi,

I am setting up a build server that is controlled via ssh.

The build user account logs in automatically and runs the following on
login:
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l -i -c "/usr/sbin/sshd.exe"

Normally SSHD runs as a service - this works well, except that one of
the steps in the build process is a scripted GUI app and Windows does
not allow a service to launch and script-control GUI apps.

Running SSHD from the user account like this basically works - I can ssh
into the machine, but the env vars are not quite right.

For example, local bash:
TEMP=/tmp
temp=C:\Users\build\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=/tmp
tmp=C:\Users\build\AppData\Local\Temp

SSH session:
temp=
TEMP=/tmp
tmp=
TMP=/tmp

(also a number of normal Windows env vars are completely missing. They
are present in bash when run on the local computer, but missing via ssh
connection even when sshd was manually run from that same bash shell)

The env vars were correct when sshd was running as a service.

Is there a config file that controls which env vars are allowed/filtered?

I had to change ownership of the sshd key files from SYSTEM to the build
user... first thought was that I missed a config file but I can't see
any other files owned by SYSTEM.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick