Re: Problem during C source code compilation

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM, JonY wrote:
> > On 9/10/2012 01:22, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >> Fear of the unknown is a great sale pitch.  What I really dislike are
> >> those who distribute things like virus protection embedded in their
> >> own product installation.  I upgraded Java and ended up requesting an
> >> install of McAfee.
> >>

> > How does Java relate to McAfee?
> >

> Exactly, it is unexpected but the installer offers it with the default
> to install it.  I end up cancelling the installation with every java
> automatic update.

BurnAware ( a free disc writing utility) attempts to do the same sort
of install with
AVG and AVG safe search.  When installing the software, it wants to change your
default search provider to AVG and pit some sort of safe browser add-on to your
web browsers.  Unwanted, and I always have to disable it.

-Sean P Murphy