Re: /etc/profile

Daniel Colascione writes:
> People execute Windows programs using Cygwin all the time. With this
> change, basic things like "cmd" and "notepad" will fail to work.
> Working with Windows programs is the *point* of Cygwin. I really don't
> think this change should go into the default startup scripts.

The change is about giving users a choice.  You can now drop a script
into profile.d that just does:

PATH="${PATH}:${ORIGINAL_PATH}"

and have exactly the same behaviour as you have now (and David might
consider installing that by default).  Or you don't and are not bothered
by the useless stuff corporate IT adds to Windows PATH without even
checking that it works correctly on Windows, let alone together with
Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: