Re: App runs 8x slower on dual core machine (with test case to replicate issue)

On 8/9/12 8:29 PM, Zach Saw wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the testcase, but... would you mind to change it to take the
>> boost lib out of the picture, by using just plain pthread functions, if
>> possible in plain C?
>
> Apparently someone else has already encountered similar problems in
> cygwin perl
> (http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/07/msg174491.html)
> last year that went unfixed. Now that you have a test case in C++/Boost,
> you're asking for plain pthread/C?

Cygwin developers are experts in Cygwin, not Perl or Boost. Their job
is hard enough as it is. If you're not interested in being helpful,
I'm sure someone will sell you a support contract.

I don't know what Boost's threadpool uses internally, but if you
consult the source, you should be able to come up with a good testcase
in plain C.