Re: Ctrl+C not working with windows programs in Cygwin 1.7.16

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 09:57:16AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 03:51:30PM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:

>>> If executed from mintty CTRL-C works to interrupt the process.  If
>>> executed from a Windows console terminal (and I don't mean cmd.exe)
>>
>>a "windows console terminal" is cmd.exe, IMHO.
>>There are no other console in windows as standard installation.
>>
>>> ping doesn't interrupt with CTRL-C.  Another interesting thing, ``run
>>> bash --login -i'' starts the process but the Window closes with the
>>> process in the background and I have to use the Task Manager to kill
>>> it, Cygwin's kill doesn't kill it.  However ``run mintty'' works
>>> regardless.
>>
>>have you checked the manual ?
>>
>>RUN(1)                            run 1.1.13
>>RUN(1)
>>
>>NAME
>>        run - start programs with hidden console window
>
>This thread has it all.  Affronted user, useless pile on, and now we
>start to drift away from the actual subject.
>
>It's a little early here for popcorn but I'm tempted anyway.

And, to add to the thread: clueless developer running a cygwin version
of ping.exe.  I *can* duplicate the problem when I specifically run the
windows ping rather than the Cygwin one.  I thought I'd deleted the
Cygwin ping years ago but...  I was wrong.