Installing Cygwin C and C++ compilers for NetBeans IDE 7.2

I am very new to Cygwin, C, C++ and NetBeans IDE 7.2. My PC is running
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 OS.

I have read the documentation on how to install the Cygwin C C++ compilers.

http://netbeans.org/community/releases/72/cpp-setup-instructions.html#compilers

I have tried to run Cygwin setup.exe that has the most recent version of the
Cygwin DLL is 1.7.16-1.

I am not very sure which exact package to install when the Cygwin setup.exe
installer prompted for the selection of packages to download and install. I
want to install the Cygwin C and C++ compilers so that i can create C and
C++ projects using NetBeans 7.2

I selected those packages that has contains the following names gcc, g++,
gdb and make. Then i proceed on to install the selected packages

The installation took up a long time so i stopped after about 45 minutes or
so.

I browsed the installation folder and i saw some packages i selected were
installed. I noticed that some packages came in some sort of "zip" file with
tar.gz extension.

i added the folder path into the PATH variable in the windows 7 environment
variables window.

I think this command works

C:> cygcheck -c cygwin

but the rest doesn't work i think.

C:> gcc --version

C:> g++ --version

C:> make --version

C:> gdb --version

I tried to create the C C++ project using the Netbeans IDE 7.2 and the IDE
pops out a dialog message saying that there was no c c++ compilers found.

Have i made some mistake here? like installing the wrong packages or
something else???

Are there packages shown in the Cygwin setup.exe installer that contains
exact names and exact version that is compatible with NetBeans IDE 7.2??
This i am not too sure. Because i i think i didn't really see some required
packages with exact names and versions.

My question is : Which exact packages do i install using the Cygwin
setup.exe installer so that i can create C & C++ projects using Netbeans IDE
7.2? and what other steps do i have to take note to ensure complete
successful installation? do i have to wait all the selected required
packages to be installed?

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE EXACT NAMES AND THE VERSIONS FOR THE REQUIRED
PACKAGES (NAMES AND VERSIONS DISPLAYED IN THE CYGWIN SETUP.EXE INSTALLER
WHEN PROMPTED) NEEEDED FOR C & C++ PROGRAMMING USING NETBEANS IDE 7.2??