Re: length in gawk returns wrong value

On 07/19/2012 10:53 AM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
>> I think you'll find the clue is the ".csh" extension.  That syntax is
>> for the C-shell, not bash.
>>
>> -- Cliff
>>

> I can't find such csh or cshell on my system, I've searched from
> packages and I only see scsh, slsh, posh, mosh, tcsh, zsh, mksh that I

Both scsh and tcsh are from the csh family of shells.

posh, zsh, mksh, bash, dash, and ksh are from the Bourne family of shells

No idea what slsh or mosh are

> don't have installed in my system any of them, unless csh comes with the
> system. How do I run the csh?

Why bother?  csh syntax is non-standard, and in my opinion, it is ugly
(others around here disagree, or tcsh would have died long ago, but
that's a different story - it's mostly people that were on a system that
picked csh as its default shell long before standardization picked
Bourne over csh syntax).
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/