Re: problem with fork() and temp dlls

On 6/29/2012 2:07 PM, Lenci Damien wrote:
Looks like fork problems to me.  Perhaps you need to rebase the DLLs you're
building?  See the link below for more info:

I've already done that, sorry I should have mentioned it.

just to crosscheck, did you ran only
   rebaseall
or
   rebaseall -T list_of_my_built_files

rebaseall, as standard, is not aware of dll's not reported in the /etc/setup/*.gz lists.

I ran only rebaseall but it works with the "original" dll, and I just can't run a rebaseall between the creation and the load of the temporary file.

do not bet that you do not need it.

BTW, the error is not the same as the usual "unable to Remap xxxx to same address as parent".
Here, its "unable to map xxxx" with error 126 which means the dll has not been found (indeed, the file is deleted), imo, the child process just shouldn't search for it as it's already loaded by its parent.

in this case you will need to add the location of the new DLL's to the PATH, or you can use LD_PRELOAD

Damien Lenci

Regards Marco