cygwin terminal acting strange, backspace not working

Hey,

I've just freshly installed and reinstalled and reinstalled cygwin,
currently I got the "full installation".

On another maschine, everything works fine. The strange things here are:

1) no color! Well, I don't care, but I think I should see my user-name in
front of each line and it should be green, but it's just white on black..
like the windows command-window.
2) backspace is working, but the graphics is not acting correctly. So when I
type "helllo", then remove the "lo" because there is an L to much, then type
"o" again, it will work but it looks like this:
helllo  o
If I execute the command, then use the up-arrow, it will show correctly.
3) ssh is not working, it's telling me "bad address", but it works perfectly
on the other maschine with the same command in the same network..

So what did I do wrong?

Thanks a bunch!
hutauf