git-gui: remote -> "fetch from" fails, "fetch-pack: unable to fork off index-pack"

I recently upgraded to a new laptop.  After upgrading, I copied some git
repositories from my old laptop to my new laptop.  I then installed
Cygwin on my new laptop.

I was able to use git-gui to commit changes into 2 local repositories.
However, when I then tried using git-gui to fetch changes from one local
repository into the other local repository, I received this error
message:

      1 [main] git-fetch 10668 fork: child -1 - forked process 10012
died unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code -1073741515, errno 11
error: cannot fork() for index-pack: Resource temporarily unavailable
fatal: fetch-pack: unable to fork off index-pack

I followed the instructions at
"http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures";.
But I am still seeing the same error.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can resolve this error?

I am attaching a copy of the output from "cygcheck -s -v -r".