Re: make: .exe handling breaks kernel cross-compile

On 2012-06-10 23:26, Christopher Faylor wrote:
If there is a bug it is with make ever equating foo.exe with foo.  It's
undoubtedly happening because of Cygwin's attempts at transparency.

I'm not kidding about EXEEXT.  Surely you know about this from having
maintained cygport.

Am I ever, but I suspect *you* know that incorporating EXEEXT into the Linux kernel buildsystem will likely never be accepted upstream.

That being said, I do have another patch which might have a chance, so the last hurdle from our side is in regex, per my previous thread.

Yaakov