Re: Small request for the new cygwin terminal

On 8 June 2012 13:55, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> Andy Koppe wrote:
>> > I've added
>> >
>> > csin=\233,
>> >
>> > but I'm not sure if it's really necessary, and if it's wrong when I switch
>> > the Character Set. tgetstr() returns the value defined in xterm-terminfo,
>> > which may be wrong for another character set. When csin is missing in xterm,
>> > tgetstr() returns 0.
>>
>> Looking at the standard, 'csin' isn't meant for a keycode, but for a
>> command sent to the terminal, namely for the Init sequence for
>> multiple codesets. I'm afraid I don't know what that means though,
>
> That was the closest I've found in the terminfo-manpage. What is the
> terminfo-code for CSI (if any)?

I don't know of one, and I'm not sure it's necessary, since CSI is a
well-defined control character.

> How does vi know about CSI and its
> sequence as mentioned in your previous post?

It's hardcoded to U+009B (decimal 155) in vim:

http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/intro.html#%3CCSI%3E

And since it works in both UTF-8 and ISO-8859-x, it would appear that
vim does the charset decoding before matching mappings, which is
great.

Andy