Cygwin DLL 17.15 / OpenSSH 6.0p1-1 / QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062

Dear Cygwin community,

I hope I'm writing to the correct mailing list...

I'm currently faced to the impossibility to start sshd service under a
W2K8 server even after a successfully have passed ssh-host-config
script.
I know this problem has already been reported but I still have not
been able to fix it (even thanks to workarounds proposed), that's why
I kindly ask for your help.
By the way, I have successfully installed this same version of
Cywgin+Openssh on two W2K3 servers and its working perfectly. I'm lost
:(

You will find attached result of cygcheck (as you will see I have
orphaned ICW CopSSH install into my registry - I don't know if this is
what produces the issue):

Now here is the history of commands I used (I begun by removing

$ cygrunsrv.exe -R sshd

$ ssh-host-config

*** Query: Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no) yes
*** Info: Creating default /etc/ssh_config file
*** Query: Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no) yes
*** Info: Creating default /etc/sshd_config file
*** Info: Privilege separation is set to yes by default since OpenSSH 3.3.
*** Info: However, this requires a non-privileged account called 'sshd'.
*** Info: For more info on privilege separation read
/usr/share/doc/openssh/README.privsep.
*** Query: Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes
*** Info: Updating /etc/sshd_config file

*** Query: Do you want to install sshd as a service?
*** Query: (Say "no" if it is already installed as a service) (yes/no) yes
*** Query: Enter the value of CYGWIN for the daemon: [] ntsec
*** Info: On Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and above, the
*** Info: SYSTEM account cannot setuid to other users -- a capability
*** Info: sshd requires.  You need to have or to create a privileged
*** Info: account.  This script will help you do so.

*** Info: You appear to be running Windows XP 64bit, Windows 2003 Server,
*** Info: or later.  On these systems, it's not possible to use the LocalSystem
*** Info: account for services that can change the user id without an
*** Info: explicit password (such as passwordless logins [e.g. public key
*** Info: authentication] via sshd).

*** Info: If you want to enable that functionality, it's required to create
*** Info: a new account with special privileges (unless a similar account
*** Info: already exists). This account is then used to run these special
*** Info: servers.

*** Info: Note that creating a new user requires that the current account
*** Info: have Administrator privileges itself.

*** Info: The following privileged accounts were found: 'sshd_server' .

*** Info: This script plans to use 'sshd_server'.
*** Info: 'sshd_server' will only be used by registered services.
*** Query: Do you want to use a different name? (yes/no) no
*** Query: Please enter the password for user 'sshd_server':
*** Query: Reenter:

*** Info: The sshd service has been installed under the 'sshd_server'
*** Info: account.  To start the service now, call `net start sshd' or
*** Info: `cygrunsrv -S sshd'.  Otherwise, it will start automatically
*** Info: after the next reboot.

*** Info: Host configuration finished. Have fun!

$ cygrunsrv.exe -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

permissions of several directories such as /var/empty. So I tried the
following (777 just for the test):

$ chmod.exe 777 /var/
$ chmod.exe 777 /var/{log,empty}
$ cygrunsrv.exe -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

I also have given full access to 'SYSTEM' account on:
- D:/Cygwin/
- D:/Cygwin/var
- D:/Cygwin/var/log
--> D:/Cygwin/var/empty - I don't know why but I can't change
permissions (I'm using Administrator account)

$ cygrunsrv.exe -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

Finally, could you please indicate to me how to manually start sshd server?

$ /usr/sbin/sshd.exe
-bash: /usr/sbin/sshd.exe: Bad address

Could you please assist me to solve this issue?
What other diagnose/troubleshot commands and/or info do you need from me?

I sincerely thank you for your help and for the nice work you're doing
with Cygwin.

Best regards.
S.