Re: Performance problems with emacs-X11 in current cygwin

On 6/2/2012 10:15 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Ken,

Ken Brown wrote:

Is this on XP? I ask because I'm having trouble reverting my XP system
back to a state where there's no problem.

I think we cannot revert because many of "prev" packages have been removed by Cygwin distro.

We can revert by using the CTM (Cygwin Time Machine):

http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwintimemachine

I'm hoping to do that this weekend on my XP machine and see if I can pin down when the problem started. I made some incorrect statements about that earlier in the thread.

The problem was first reported on the list on May 11:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2012-05/msg00007.html ,

and the poster said he had updated on May 10. This is the day it was announced that the GNOME libraries were updated to 3.4.1 and that cygwin was updated to 1.7.15.

The CTM has a snapshot dated 2012-05-08, which is probably a good place to start.

Ken