why is rsh not running normally but is running rlogin?

As mentioned, I am just trying rexec/rsh/rlogin, just as a test, on my few computers. I know ssh is more secure..

I have uncommented these lines in inetd.conf
shell   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd rshd -L
login   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd rlogind
exec    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd rexecd

When I try to run rsh locally, this happens
$ rsh 127.0.0.1 ls
Permission denied.

It doesn't even ask for a password.

When I do rsh without a command, it launches rlogin. I know because it asks for a password I enter it push ENTER . Then it logs me in, and I run the ps command, and I see rlogin not rsh.  And if I give a wrong username then I start doing ctrl-c ctrl-z..  it says rlogin.
$ rsh -l sdf 127.0.0.1
Password:
Login incorrect
login: Password:
Login incorrect
login: rlogin: connection closed.

Is that normal, and which implementations of rsh launch rlogin? BSD? GNU?

And why won't it run when I add a command?
rexec runs locally with a command, but rsh doesn't.