RE: Is the Latest Release of Cygwin supported on Windows Server 8/2012

What is a better way I can give context (and credit) when I am
responding to a message, without implying that I expect a reply from the
original author?

I've been a Usenet user since 1988, and I've never heard of the
convention of "quoting implies request for reply".  Replies from the
original author are always welcome, but I don't necessarily expect them.
Maybe I just missed the memo....

On the receiving side, if I didn't want to respond to a Usenet message,
I just didn't.  If I wasn't interested in a thread anymore, I just
stopped reading it, or put it in my "kill" file.

I read the Cygwin mailing list using the gmane.org newsfeed, too.  But I
was told that replying via my newsreader (Outlook Newsreader) messes up
the e'mail threading.  So now I subscribe to the digest as well, so that
I can reply to the SMTP e'mail instead of replying to the gmane NNTP
post.