Re: [feature] alias "more" to "less"

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 04:13:32PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>On 5/15/2012 4:57 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> On 5/15/2012 12:53 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Ok, fair enough. We're also not going to add an alias for more to
>>> every single shipping shell. As was mentioned in the first response
>>> to the original post there is actually a more in util-linux package.
>>> That should be reason enough not to add a simple alias/symlink.
>> I guess that's also fair enough...
>Went to update my Cygwin archive and decided to include more in my local
>package dir. So I search for it and I find nothing but xmore. I tried
>looking in Utils and couldn't find anything about util-linux or even
>linux. Went cygwin.com and Search Packages. Looked for more. I don't
>find any package that has it. I do see things about less.
>
>OK so where's more hiding?

Wow.  We're still talking about this?  It really isn't that hard.

Just type "util-linux" in the search box for setup.exe.

If you're looking for the package which holds more.exe then search for
more.exe in the package search.  You'll then find util-linux.

There are enough packages in the distro which include the word "more"
that you won't find util-linux in the first thirty matches.  It is on
the main search page though if you scroll down.