Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Test update: perl-5.14.2-1, please update your dependent packages

Reini Urban <rurban <at> x-ray.at> writes:
> perl has been updated to 5.14.2-1 as test in the Experimental section.
>
> It looks pretty stable to me when I tested it in the last 2 weeks.

I've hit two interesting snags (perl_vendor is installed):

1) Some modules, when built with cpanminus fail at test, but the same module
built with cpan tests OK (File::Slurp being the most simple example I have right
now).

2) If I install another module that uses LWP (HTTP::Status, for example), then I
also need to reinstall LWP.  Otherwise I'm getting errors like these:

Attempt to reload LWP/Protocol/http.pm aborted.

Lastly, I'd much prefer if the vendor modules would be separate entities to
install, this would make it easier to keep proper dependencies among them.  I
will re-build all these modules plus some 150 more with cygport anyway (provided
I don't hit a roadblock), so once that works I could send you the perl-*.cygport
files.

Regards,
Achim.