Re: Windows7 broke DRIVELETTER:/path on cmdline of non-cygwin exe

Eliot Moss wrote:

> On 4/3/2012 8:34 PM, raf wrote:
> >Eliot Moss wrote:
> >
> >>My suggestion would be to read up on the cygpath utility
> >>program and use it to convert cygwin paths to ones suitable
> >>for a non-cygwin program, etc.  I launch non-cygwin programs
> >>all the time on Windows 7 that way ...
> >>
> >>Regards -- Eliot Moss
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >Thanks but I'm using a non-cygwin path already.
> >I am not using a cygwin path that needs to be
> >converted to anything.
>
> Except you wrote F:/blah which is *not* a Windows
> path.  F:\blah is ...

Never mind. The problem has nothing to do with the command
line arguments or path flavours.

I think it has more to do with the change in terminal handling.
The password prompting is no longer working (even in mintty).
The lack of debug output was just buffering.

The users can run the programme from cmd.exe so I'll set up
some .bat scripts for them instead of bash functions if I
can't easily get it working from within cygwin.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Cheers,
raf