Re: some kind of path problem when running bash script from windows shortcut

Thanks, that would be interesting to learn how to do. I guess I would need to learn what files need to be backed up and how to go about restoring them to a new install. I make considerable use of clonezilla images for the OS, but when I have to do a full re-install, I am stuck with making allot of manual adjustments afterwords.

LMH

Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, LMH!

I added C:\cygwin\bin to the windows path. I guess I forgot environment
variables when I did the re-install. One of these days I need to learn
how to do post install config scripts so I don't have to spend two weeks
getting my windows the way I want it.

If you're thorough about your backups, you can have your user environment back up in no time, using a combination of rsync for files and ERD for registry backups.

-- WBR, Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 23.03.2012,<17:56>

Sorry for my terrible english...