Re: Looking for txt editors, GUI - New to CYGWIN

On 03/16/2012 07:25 AM, Earthprime wrote:
Thanks, that helps!  I am trying to learn more about Apps and how they work
with UNIX.  Are there any TextEditor or GUI apps that I can download and put
into the BIN, and then execute them from Cygwin?
Most people use vim, or Emacs or XEmacs. You probably have vim installed. For Emacs and XEmacs you have to explicitly install them.

BTW: You don't "download and put into the BIN" anything. You use setup.exe to "install" Cygwin apps. You could augment your PATH to include paths to other editors/apps on your system but if your trying to use the command line as simply a launcher of other, non-Cygwin Windows apps then you're not really getting it...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?