parallel installations of cygwin

Hi all,

We have a bunch of scripts running under cygwin version 1.5.x. Because they are used every day it is not considered as a good idea just to install the actual version and hope that everything works. Therefore I want to know if it is possible to have both installation (1.5 and 1.7) on the same machine. For 1.5 I found something on the net but this is from 2001

It states that it is not possible because  (as far as I understand)  the mount table is realized by using the registry.

http://www.cygwin.com/1.5/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

says :

The current user's table is located under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v<version>" where <version> is the latest registry version associated with the Cygwin library (this version is not the same as the release number).

For me this sound like it is no problem to install the 1.7 version along with the 1.5 if I use a different directory as root.

Is it that simple ??

Thanks
Norbert

Dipl. Phys.
Norbert Zacharias
Wind Measurements & Power Curve Measurements
DEWI GmbH
Ebertstrasse 96
26382 Wilhelmshaven
Germany

Tel.:   +49 4421 4808 876

Fax:    +49 4421 4808 843

Email:  N.Zacharias@dewi.de
Home:   http://www.dewi.de

DEWI GmbH - Deutsches Windenergie-Institut, Wilhelmshaven
Commercial Register No.: Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRB 130241
Managing Director: Jens Peter Molly
Chairman of the supervisory board:  Leitender Ministerialrat Norbert Nüsken