Re: [bug] Something fishy going on with sqlite3...

On 3/15/2012 3:13 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

>> sqlite> .schema two
>> CREATE TABLE two (
>> id INTEGER NOT NULL,
>> name CHAR (64) NOT NULL
>> );
>>
>> No access denied.  The file test is created in the same directory, also
>> .sqlite_history .
>
> In case it wasn't clear in my first posting, I can create a new table
> (not marked TEMPORARY) just fine.

You quoted the output of command .schema, not the table creation which
used 'create TEMP TABLE ...'

Let's try again, no file this time:

$ sqlite3
SQLite version 3.7.3
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> create TEMP TABLE two (
   ...> id INTEGER NOT NULL,
   ...> name CHAR (64) NOT NULL
   ...> );
sqlite>
sqlite> .databases
seq  name             file

---  ---------------
0    main

1    temp

sqlite>
sqlite> .schema two
CREATE TABLE two (
id INTEGER NOT NULL,
name CHAR (64) NOT NULL
);

The command .schema was just for showing that the operation not only
succeeded, but didn't cause any error.

> Before or after getting the "access
> denied" error I can create "real" tables as much as I want, it is only
> the temporary ones that give trouble and only when they are set to go to
> files, not memory.

How do you set them to go into files?

Are you using '.backup temp <file name>' and 'dump ..." after creating
those tables?
--
Renà Berber