Re: git aborts when asked to clone

On 3/7/2012 1:25 PM, Pfeifer, Matthias wrote:
Hello,

I have just installed cygwin on my windows 7 (64-bit) pc. I also plan to use the git-client from the Cygwin repository and installed this one to.
I get

$ git -version
git version 1.7.9

I run into a problem when I clone a repository (log4perl from github) like this:

$ git clone https://github.com/mschilli/log4perl.git
Cloning into 'log4perl'...
       0 [main] git-remote-https 1076 child_info_fork::abort: cygldap-2-3-0.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x320000) != child(0x3A0000)
error: cannot fork() for fetch-pack: Resource temporarily unavailable

I checked the Cygwin FAQ as well as google with no luck. Now I wonder if me, as a Cygwin/git newbee, has some error in my setup, or if I ran into some bug. In the latter case I would be glad about suggestions on "how to chase the bug" in the former case I would be glad about suggestions on how to solve the situation.

http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures

likely you need to rebase

Sincerely

M. Pfeifer