Re: 1.7.10 cygrunsrv.exe fails with "fork: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable"

Ulf-Dietrich Braumann wrote:

> Yes, Corinna, I reverted this setting again to the default 384MB heap size
> calling:
>
> $ peflags --cygwin-heap=0 /usr/sbin/sshd.exe
> and
> $ peflags --cygwin-heap=0 /usr/bin/cygrunsrv.exe
>
> Later on, someone has recommended me to downgrade cygrunsrv from 1.36-1 to
> 1.34-1. This helped, so now under cygwin1.dll 1.7.11 the sshd can be
> started. However, the mechanism behaves strange reporting problems:
>
> C:\>net start sshd
> The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
> The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.
>
> The service did not report an error.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
>

> Having a look into the Event Viewer of my Win2k3 64bit machine, I
> correspondingly find:
>
> ... `sshd' service stopped, exit status: 0.
>
> This however is misleading, since I clearly see the sshd running now (I
> made sure it was not running before), and indeed I can now connect using
> slogin and sftp:
> [...]

Hello,
I see the same "misleading message" (`sshd' service stopped) since I am
running sshd on my Windows XP Pro 32bit machine. (currently running
cygrunsrv V1.34, Mar 18 2008
OpenSSH_5.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8l 5 Nov 2009)
However I don't bother because several other (Microsoft) services behave
similar, i.e. they are started when Windows is booted and stopped
immediately afterwards. This doesn't prevent them from being started
again when needed.
--
Wilfried Hennings