Re: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem

"Christopher Faylor" wrote:

> The only thing that apparently needs addressing is that you read the
> list and comprehend what's going on.  I wish we could address that by
> making more people do that.  :-)

Would it help to add "xinit" to the requirements for tcl-tk and other
packages that now require an X11 server?

I know that there are some use cases where "xinit" isn't actually
required.  But would the benefit (fewer problem reports from new users)
be worth the cost (installing "xinit" for some users who don't actually
require it)?

In the case of packages that have both a console mode and an X11 mode,
perhaps the package could be split into separate packages, as was done
with "git", "git-gui", and "gitk"?